International Journal of Chromatographic Science provides a forum for the publication of original research and critical reviews on all aspects of fundamental and applied separation science. The scope of the journal includes chromatography and related techniques (gas chromatography (GC), liquid chromatography (LC, HPLC), thin-layer chromatography (TLC), size-exclusion, supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC), electrophoresis, spectrometry, and hyphenated techniques such as gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS), liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS), GC-FTIR etc.)electromigration techniques (e.g. electrophoresis, electrochromatography), hyphenated and other multi-dimensional techniques, sample preparation, and detection methods such as mass spectrometry. Contributions consist mainly of research papers dealing with the theory of separation methods, instrumental developments and analytical and preparative applications of general interest. Applications to the analysis of biological systems and samples will be considered when the analytical science contains a significant element of novelty, e.g. a new approach to the separation of a compound, novel combination of analytical techniques, or significantly improved analytical performance.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of biopolymers including proteins, peptides and their post-translational modifications as well as nucleic acids and glycans
- Comparative analysis of biological systems using proteomics, genomics, metabonomics and other “omics” approaches
- Clinical analysis, pharmacokinetics, metabolism, therapeutic drug monitoring, toxicological analysis, doping analysis, veterinary applications, analysis of environmental contaminants in biological systems
- Screening and profiling of body fluids, tissues, cells, biological matrices and systems, analysis of endogenous compounds, biomarkers
- Identification of new bioactive compounds